Monday, March 11, 2013

Visit d'Entreprise B. Braun



From the 24th to the 28th February, I was hosted by Hubert Jarry a member of our Rotary club who also happens to be the director of the B. Braun of Nogent-le-Rotrou.
B. Braun is a German medical and pharmaceutical company, which has offices and facilities in 50 countries. In Nogent the interprise focuses on the production, development, research and marketing of urological material as well as the production of infusion devices.

Lucky of for me I was able to have a guided visit (normally reserved only for the family of the employs) in which I was able to see and learn several things about the company.

It was actually quite interesting as I got an inside look into the whole chain of procedures and technologies that are needed to have a a finish product. These included plastic processing, assembling, packaging, sterilization by ethylene oxide and control.

I was very surprised that for the control portion there still exists people that look at each individually wrapped product and then meticulously count out a certain number to be placed in the boxes. Honestly, I thought that that kind of job did not exist anymore; that it was solely machines that did that kind of work.


Picture that I stole of the internet because we were not allowed to take any pictures once in the building.



No comments:

Post a Comment