Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Semaine chez Hubert Jarry

As I mentioned in an earlier post (the one about my visit to the B. Braun industry) the first weekend of vacations I was hosted in the home of Hubert Jarry ( member of our Rotary club) and his family.
Here are a few pictures:


Centre ville of Nogent- le Retrou
Went with the kids to get their hair cut.

This little one got away with out a single snip.

Admiring his newly gelled hair.

In the library during story time, I went ahead and tackled a few pages of these big boys.

At the fair.
He truly enjoyed himselff
A trip to the boulanger
Mmm.. tempting.
The playful cat who was left at the grandparents because he does not enjoy traveling (especially to hot places with that furry coat).
The grandmother and I enjoyed making a chestnut chocolate cake together.
My room for the week.
The walls of the room next door were completely painted by one of the long gone sons.
The extensive collection of comic books.
Afternoon coffee service.
The children eating snack with some friends.


It has been snowing on and off for the past month.





All in all it was a pleasant week and I sure was busy with the children.
I also did a fare share of reading because you just can not pass on a collection of Tintin such as there was available.
And during all this I learned to crochet thanks to the patient guidance of the mother of the little children and a bit of cooking thanks to the grandmother.

1 comment:

  1. Merci pour ce joli reportage photo qui nous fait voir les choses à travers un autre regard.
    Nous te souhaitons encore plein de belles découvertes pendant ton long séjour, c'était un plaisir de faire ta connaissance.
    Amicalement,
    Philibert, Apolline, Théophile et Quitterie

    ReplyDelete