Sunday, February 3, 2013

L'Orchestre Symphonique du Perche Sarthois


Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
- Victor Hugo





Sometimes we are lucky enough to have the opportunity to go hear beautiful music and for me this was the case tonight.

Together with my host mother and younger host brother we went to the performance of  L'Orchestre Symphonique du Perche Sarthois ( our towns orchestra).
This orchestra happens to be one among two in the whole region of "La Sarthe" in France.
And it plays magnificently!
Needless too say I had a great time enjoying 6 pieces (some more well know than others) all played proficiently.
There also happened to be two members among the orchestra who I am acquainted with so that just made watching them play even more amusing.

If you are wondering what they sounded like here is a clip from tonight's presentation.

(sorry but it was to heavy to upload :(


And if you are wondering what else I have been up to..


Last night while writing this entry I decided to go search water for a nice warm tea.
Unfortunately I tripped over the open dish washer and manged to land on the bowl I was holding so that to impel the handle of the broken cup into my palm.( this was all in the dark)
The result being a dishwasher that is currently being worked on and my hand that has a deep half inch long cut right in the middle of the palm and another half inch cut in between my left middle finger and index.

This cut might take some time to heal.. as it is on my left hand and I am left handed.
Guess I will have a "interesting" story to tell tomorrow at school :p



No comments:

Post a Comment