Friday, January 25, 2013

All the little things.



Well another week has gone by, and while not much has happened I will try to share what has.

Monday-
Went to school(there was snow).
  •  Arrived to my class and big surprise there was only three other people there.

Happy Marthin Luther King day (for everyone in the United States)!

Tuesday-
Went to school,saw a dead dog on the way back. Yuck..

Wednesday-
Had no school like usual:
  • Woke up around 9:30 to get ready for synchronized swimming.
  • Came back from the pool did some stretches/abs while watching television for nearly four hours.
  • Decided to get moving again and went for a walk around town.
Thursday-
School..
  • Started French Boxing during PE.
Which I so far I like a lot better than vollyball :) I mean me boxing = at least slightly hilarious.
Anyways we will be having six more classes during the next few weeks so I will keep you all updated on this new sport.


Friday-
Thats today! So far:
  • Woke up to go to English class. Found nobody there.
  • THERE was NO English CLASS ( and nobody thought to tell me about it)
Due to not having had the innformation passed down by my class mates I am now sitting in the computer lab for the next to hours until French class.
Guess I got some extra time to write to everyone.. and I might just get started on my presentation that I am voluntarily doing about Colombia for the students that have Spanish class with me.


As you might see I am getting into a rather ordinary routine. This is why I have decided for this next week to come to try to live by the following quote.


“There is an anaesthetic of familiarity, a sedative of ordinariness which dulls the senses and hides the wonder of existence. For those of us not gifted in poetry, it is at least worth while from time to time making an effort to shake off the anaesthetic. What is the best way of countering the sluggish habitutation brought about by our gradual crawl from babyhood? We can't actually fly to another planet. But we can recapture that sense of having just tumbled out to life on a new world by looking at our own world in unfamiliar ways.”
Richard Dawkins, Unweaving the Rainbow: Science, Delusion and the Appetite for Wonder



Who knows maybe by looking at things in a different way I might have something slightly more substantial to share next Friday.

A la prochaine
-Juli

No comments:

Post a Comment