Wednesday, February 6, 2013

L'Homme qui Rit


Yay! I finally got to see the film that I have been wanting to see for a while; L'Homme qui Rit or The Man who Laughs.






This film is the adaption of the novel by Victor Hugo, originally published in April 1869, and while it is one of his most obscure works it has been adapted to a cinematic version twice. Once in 1928 and once again this year.

Being a film that is only available in France (and some parts of Europe) I was hoping to see this film before my return to the US and after a  few weeks of talking about it, my host mother decided that she would be willing to invite me to see it in a nearby town.

And I am truly glad she did because I loved it! The film was well made in my opinion and above all it was super French. Written by a famous French author acted out by French actors and full of criticism of the French aristocracy, I adored everything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment