Saturday, September 8, 2012

Thank you / School


Hello everyone!
I would like to start of today by thanking everyone that is making this experience possible.
- My family
- The Greater Albany Rotary Club and the Rotary Club of Albany
- The Rotary Club of La FE

And of course if you did not manage to fit under these categories I will still like to give you a very warm thank you. This is because without people like you, there would be much less understanding of different culutres aand customs.
Now onto my first week of school :)

Okey.. I began my first day of  school this Wednesday at 7h 45 ; A half day unlike any other I have ever experienced.
Why was this? Well, because I have enough French skills to be able to understand almost everything the teachers say but not without having to keenly tune in, this caused me to be mentally exhausted quite quickly.
Another reason that I was shocked at my day was the general lack of interest the other students showed towards me ( thankfully this changed the next day).Anyways what I might have interpreted as coldness in the begging was really the attitude and way of composure of the general French teen. Unlike the usual American, French teens tend to be less clairvoyant and outwardly bold.

À bientôt
-Juli

1 comment:

  1. Unlike you, I find the French teenagers are very warm and welcoming. And sometimes even a little too sticky ...

    ReplyDelete