Saturday, September 1, 2012

Arrival


Today is September first 2012, or in other words my fifth day in France.





I arrived after my close to 13 hour flight a bit mixed up on what time of day it was and all but the tiredness did not kick in until later in the afternoon..
Greeted by my fist host family father Damien and my oldest- youngest brother at the time Arthur ( he is nine years old) we made the trip from Paris back to where I will be staying these next ten months, La Ferte Bernard.

(picture of my welcome sign that my new siblings worked on)
  • La Ferte Bernard is a town of 10,000 inhabitants which is named after the fort which was built in the middle ages to protect the town against English invaders.There is are also many little rivers which run through it and one can take a boat tour to experience it all.

St. Jean des Echelles though is where I am actually staying at the moment.
It is a little village that has 230 inhabitants and is situated only 7 km from La Ferte.

It is quite peaceful living in the country and for everyone that loves bike riding or running there are plenty of trails. Yesterday I went on a tiring bike ride through one of them and was able to see a mother and baby deer.

But back to my arrival day..
Ok so on the day I arrived I got a  tour of the house and a little cake and chocolate to celebrate my arrival.
I then went with Damien to meet Maxime who is the outbound student from La Ferte leaving to Argentina. And also happens to be the son of the next family that will be hosting me.Then afterwards I went to my host club and was greeted with interest, champagne and a french dictionary.

Lastly here are a few pictures of my room :)



(my bed)(the children and my shower..)
(La chambre de Anne- Louise)
(La chambre de Arthur)



Aureuvoir
-Juli

2 comments:

  1. Hola Julianita,

    Nos alegramos que ya estes instalada, y que te guste tu nuevo entorno.

    Que bueno que creaste este blog para tener oportunidad de comunicarnos.

    Te deseamos exitos en todas tus actividades y en las metas que te propongas.

    Abrazos y besos de tus abuelitos Rafael y Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. TERESA VARGAS:

    Hola Julianita estoy muy feliz de verte tan bien y espero tengas una grata estadía y éxitos en tu estudios.

    Te quiero mucho besos y abrazos tu tía TERE.

    ReplyDelete