Monday, September 24, 2012

September 22nd and 23 (paris) now with pictures!

Back from my amazing weekend in Paris, with nearly 30 other exchange students.
We visited the Louvre, Arc of Triomphe, Eiffel tower and Champs Elysée.
My favourite activity though was the late night boat tour on the Seine River, on which we were able to quickly glimpse a plethora of monuments.
I also enjoyed exchanging information on customs and different foods, that while are common in the United States are unknown else where. For example did you know that the fact that we actually make turkey for thanksgiving was jaw dropping for Jane (an exchange student from Korea).
I also was lucky enough to pick up some Australian slang which I will briefly introduce to you today.

U.S.A                             Australia
Sunglasses                      Sunnys
Driniking Fountain           Bubbler
Trunk                              Boot
Track                              Oval
Candy                             Lollys


Now for the pictures












 
 
-
Hope everyone has a worthwhile week
A bientot


 Juli

4 comments:

  1. Estamos ansiosos por ver las fotos de Paris, pues no aparecen hasta ahora. Abrazos, Rafael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why I don't see any pictures on this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Ju,

    Solo para decirte q te extranamos y q me alegra q te este gustando Francia.

    Saludos aqui de toda la flia. Hickerson Palacios.
    Ya habia colocado un comentario, pero luego me di cuenta q lo hice en una fecha revieja. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juli no hay ninguna foto!!! Quieres que nos veamos este fin de semana?

    ReplyDelete