Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Changing Families

Well its been nearly two months and a half that I have been here in France, which means I changed host families.
This happened a week ago during 15 days vacation :0)
and well so far excellent I have already gotten very well acquainted with my new family.
The mother Muriel and I have already attempted to make an American cheese cake and have started morning exercises together, and did a overly moisturizing avocado hair mask just yesterday.
The father Pascal,and I are at the moment watching a comedy series on the t.v.
The oldest "sibling" Tom (14 years old), and I took a walk together the day of my arrival, and will soon start English practice.
And finally Adonis (9 years old) and I well.. we do several simple tasks together.

But what I really want to talk about today is my last host family. They were quite caring and I spent an excellent two months with them.
There are many things that I truly learned from them and numerous moments that I will fondly remember.

For example for Anne Louise's seventh birthday, her brother and I made this quite KMMMM.. lovely? Pinata :)
(my host mother staring down the pig pinata before delivering the deadly blow)



Anyways the reason I made a pinata was mainly because I wanted to share a piece of my Colombian culture before parting.  And thats exactly what I managed to with a mixture of the actual pinata and my explanations, the pinata song ( that Arthur ended up humming the rest of the day) and the stories of how my grandfather Rafael, once broke a broom trying to hit a pinanta.

However, no need to be worried there were no broken brooms as my family decided to put their own french twist , by using their " parapluies" (umbrellas) to hit the pinata.

No comments:

Post a Comment