Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas in France

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas! All over town!!

Actually it really is in my town all the Christmas lights have been put up and there is American Christmas music playing from speakers around downtown. It even snowed last week.

Today is the last Monday I have school for the rest of 2012 and I just got back from the weekend with the other exchange students in Bourges.
Bourges is a city that is about 4 hours away from me but close to everyone else in my district.
Anyhow we had a tour of the old quarter of town. However, because it was pouring they told as that we could walk around if we wanted and do some shopping.
This was quite appreciated as there was a Christmas market which was incredibly adorable and
I could have stayed at all day if given the chance.
I mean it was just gorgeous the little stands that a variety of merchants put up.

Although I really wish I could see one of the marche noels in Paris before the new year
( which is not going to happen because I have no transportation)
But hopefully we will go with my host family during the Christmas vacations if I am lucky.
I guess I shouldn't complain but I really wanted to go to Paris and see all the Christmas vitrines and decorations :(

O well we will see how it turns out
I will add photos soon when I find the time
Have a good week everyone and work hard the year is almost over ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment