Sunday, June 9, 2013

Visit of UNESCO

Now if I may let me remind you of two posts ago where I provided  a picture of me and a view of the Eiffel tower. This picture was taken from the 7th floor of the UNESCO building in Paris.

Why was I at the UNESCO? Well, it was once again thanks to Rotary that I was provided with the opportunity to spend an impressive Wednesday.

( We started the evening off by eating at the UNESCO restaurant on the seventh floor)

As it turns out for the 9th subsequent year Rotary in companionship with the UNESCO held the ceremony of the national award of professional Ethique. This is an essay contest open to all students partaking to a French University of high rank so as you might guess the competition is present.

(There was an exposition of several countries of Africa in the main hall of the UNESCO building)


(The Japanese garden where the employees can have a serene smoking break)

The question still remains why was I present. Having to be there to testify the the donation of an award to a student from our Rotary district, the district governor, Michel Bezault offered me the opportunity to accompany him (along with a few other members of our club).
 An opportunity I am glad I accepted and will not take for granted as I spent a day where I took part of something that only a lucky few have a chance to do in their lifetimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment